Welcome to

Michael's 80s (M80s) Soundtrack for an 80s Generation

Music videos, pictures, mp3s, remixes and 80s fun.

Your no 1 place for 80's nostalgia. Enjoy! : )


To message me michaelmouse1967@yahoo.co.uk

Links Are Dead - I Know

I keep getting Emails from people asking me to re-upload the links and music etc. I think people are just getting to those particular pages so are not reading the reason for the dead links.

So I am putting this in place so hopefully people will read it and stop Emailing me about it.

The reason the links are dead is that my account with Media Fire has been closed with all 11,000 files lost. That is why you can not download the things and No I can not re-upload them.

Eventually I will start doing that again when I have found something suitable. In the meantime this blog will be information only blog.

Thank you all

Michaael

New Blog Forum

The 80s Music and Fame Media Forum is now open for users to chat, make new friends, leave messages for each other and leave comments on the blog sites. To access it click the link below or use the link in the side bar.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/kidsfromfamemed/

Poll

Choose Next Artist
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Madonna - Holiday

Well as from today I will be on holiday and wont be back on the blog untill the 21 st of this month. You can still put in requests on the forum and chat box as I will check them when I am back.

Well as the final post before I go on my holidays I decided to do something that was appropriate so here is .....

'Holiday' is a song by American singer-songwriter Madonna from her self-titled debut album. It was released in 1983 by Sire Records.

Written by Curtis Hudgens and Lisa Stevens of Pure Energy, the track was offered to Madonna by her producer John "Jellybean" Benitez when she was looking for a potential hit track to include in her debut album.

After accepting the song, she and Jellybean worked on it and altered its composition by the addition of a piano solo developed by their friend, Fred Zarr.

Initially it was decided that 'Lucky Star' would be released as a single, instead 'Holiday' was released in the US when the latter became a dance hit. The original cover art for 'Holiday' did not carry Madonna's picture since Sire did not want people to find out that she was not a R&B artist. Instead it carried the picture of a train station and an engine.

'Holiday' was Madonna's first hit in the US where is made it to number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100. However it did make it to number 1 on the Hot Dance club Play. The single was re-released in the UK, following the success in the US, making it to number two in the UK Singles Chart.

  • Update - 10th september 2009

Well I have come back from my holiday to a DMC notice to take down this post. Blogger reset this post to draft so I can take out the offending parts of the post which I have done.

This is the reason for not having the tracks or the link in place. Sorry to everyone that wanted the tracks. To discuss this go to the 80's page of the forum.

This is the 4th track that the DMC have focused on. Still there are more than enough stuff for peaple to enjoy. I am still taking another week off from the blog to re-charge so will be back later this month,

Michael
x

Madonna - Holiday - Video (Unreleased Version)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Thanks for this post. It's nice to know that your spending a holiday. Why not try spending Torquay Holidays?

    ReplyDelete